The Nest Study
The Nest Study aims to examine the respiratory health benefits of improving the domestic environment in the new-born’s first two years of life by:
- An insulation check is provided to participants who do not have insulation in both their ceiling and floor
- Funding assistance is provided to low income families for insulation
Improving home heating
- A $200 power credit is provided to heat baby’s room during their first winter
- Heaters are given to families who do not have one and cannot access one
- Participants receive a sleep sack for their baby to use; participants are randomised to receive a duck down, polyester, or merino wool sleep sack.